Today, people are becoming very conscious about the need to stay fit and healthy. Physical exercise is the number one way to keep one’s body active and mind alert. There are many different ways one can do this, with many people planning to start exercise regimens at the start of the New Year. Unfortunately, most of these resolutions fail by the end of the first month itself due to a variety of reasons, the major one being boredom or lack of interest in the exercise routines which can get monotonous after a while.
It is here that dance classes can help. Dance is an amazingly therapeutic activity, both for the body and the mind. Not only is it a great cardio exercise that can get your heart pumping vigorously, it has the added advantage of never getting monotonous or boring. There are so many dance classes in Delhi ranging from classical Indian dances like Bharatanatyam and Kathak, to contemporary Bollywood dance, and western styles such as hip hop, salsa, etc. When you use dance classes to incorporate more exercise in your life, you are laying the foundation for a whole lot of health benefits. Some of these benefits are:
- Increased cardiovascular health, which in turn boosts blood circulation and improves your complexion.
- Increased flexibility which makes for stronger joints and bones.
- Increased muscle tone which results in burning of fat which in turn results in sustained weight loss.
- Improves body posture and grace of movements.
- Dance also helps elevate one’s mood and is an antidote to stress or depression because it increases the level of serotonin which is linked to feeling happier.
- Increased levels of energy that will help in other areas of life.
- Better social relationships and boost in confidence which helps in maintaining emotional health.
Dance classes in Delhi are a wonderful way to get fit and healthy this year!